Friday, June 3, 2011

Derek Graduates!!

I had class last Thursday night, but as soon as it got out I went over to the DCU center to catch as much of Derek's graduation as possible. Mom met me there with Joseph, too. Although, I missed all the speeches and missed Derek walking across the stage, I was still so happy to be there. At least I was able to watch Derek walk out to the Recession. I was/am so proud of him. I still can't believe that he's off to college this fall. But it's very exciting. I wish him the best of luck at UMASS Amherst, and we'll see him in 4 years :-)

One of the craziest things about Derek's graduation night was that this memory kept going through my mind of running around his backyard playing tag when he was about 4 years old. Very cliche, but that seems like it was yesterday. It just made me realize that James and Joseph will be graduating before we know what happened. Which is why I really enjoy this blog because it helps me reflect on the fun times with the boys, and it's going to be a nice memory for them some day.

Anyway...Congratulations to Derek! We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment