Mike, Brandy, and I ran the Litchfield Road Race a couple weekends ago. It's a 7.1 mile race that has many hills and is quite majestic (a word of my dad's). It's a very hard race that is fun too, though, since there are so many people cheering for you. Anyway, Mike kicked butt completing the race in 53 minutes! And Brandy and I also kicked butt. This was the first time that I had run a race in a very loooong time, and it was Brandy's first race ever! She did awesome!
I don't have any pictures from the road race yet, but I do have some other great photos from the weekend.
Ethan joined a type of running club at school where the students run a mile or so each week until they reach a total of 26.2 miles...or the equivalent of a marathon! The last mile was held in Litchfield while we were there so it was great to see Ethan complete the marathon. He is SUPER fast and a really good runner. He was like Forest Gump and just wanted to keep running...he even ran the cool down lap :-) James loved trying to find Ethan as he was running around the track.
Ethan is the 2nd lane from the right, 2nd kid in.
Of course, James was happy that it rained and he could wear his rain boots.
Uncle Eric with his son and nephews and niece. Just missing his niece, baby Julia! Love this picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment