Thursday, June 14, 2012

James' First Baseball Game

Well, clearly is has been AWHILE since I've posted.  The last post is of Joseph turning 7 months and he just turned 15 months last week!! I had stopped using the blog for some time because some unexpected things in life had side tracked me.  And then when I felt ready to come back here to write, I felt stressed that I needed to "catch" everyone back up on the many happy happenings of our lives.  But that seemed too time consuming and I kept procrastinating.  However, this morning we had a great day as we kicked off James' 3rd birthday activities and I felt it was the perfect way to kick off the blog once again. So here goes!

Enjoy :-)

James will turn THREE tomorrow, which just blows my mind.  The difference between turning 2 and 3 is just amazing.  I can't believe all that he's learned in one year and how much older he seems over the past couple weeks.

Mike took the day off today so that we could take James to his first baseball game.  We had bought a package deal online to the Worcester Tornadoes, who aren't associated with MLB, but are part of the Canadian-American Assoc of Professional Baseball. Basically it means that these guys aren't getting paid that much to play baseball, but they have a great time and it's very family oriented.  Perfect for us with two little boys!!  Mike and I were excited to see Jose Conseco play (recently signed with the Tornadoes) but unfortunately he wasn't playing today.

And since it was a special Groupon deal, I didn't get to pick our seats online.  But when we got there, we had front row seats right next to first base.  Couldn't be better!! And James and Joseph got free Tornadoes hats as a bonus.  Both boys were great throughout the game.  Thanks to Grandma Pat for taking the day off to come with us because she was a big help!! I'm not sure how we'll pull something like this off when Baby #3 gets here! But it was a beautiful day and a perfect way to kick off James' 3rd birthday!

James' favorite parts were singing "the National Anthem", getting a game ball that was hit to the Quebec first baseman (Joseph also got a game ball!), singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game, and meeting Twister, the mascot.

Waiting for the game to start...
Kept asking when it would be his turn to get on the field.




Very excited to go meet Twister.


 James got his hat and glove signed and got a "high five".
 Showing off his game ball.
 Making sure we see the grass stain from the hit into the field.
 All in the day of a boy who loves sports!!

No comments:

Post a Comment